How to use a customized insole
- Insert the insole into a footwear approved by a TONUS Orthopedic technician or custom made in order to host the insole and the foot.
- Close the lacing of the footwear (which can be laces, velcro or buckle) tight enough to avoid the foot from slipping but not too tight, in order to reduce the risk of excessive pressure which might lead to injuries and reduction of the blood flow.
- Make sure to avoid rubbing between foot and shoe and avoid excessive pressure
- Do not invert left and right insole
- If you do not use it for a long period of time we recommend to remove the insole from the footwear.
- The insole must be worn within 15 days from the delivery.
- If not possible it is important to contact a TONUS Orthopedic technician before using the insole. The same must be done after a long period without using it.
- The gradual increase of time spent wearing the insole during the initial phase (15/20 days) will allow the body to get used to the new situation.
- Make sure to follow the adaptation plan indicated by the prescriber of the insole or by the doctor.
If not indicated it is important to follow the plan of adaptation provided by TONUS:
Day 1: Use for 1 hour; after that, check carefully the foot and the devices used.
Day 2 to Day 8: increase the use of 1 additional hour every day; after that, check carefully the foot and the devices used.
Next 8 to 10 days: Keep using the insole for no more than 8/10 hours per day; after that, check carefully the foot and the devices used.
After: If the free use is not mentioned, please follow the indication of your prescriber (the more you will use your insole, the more you will experience the benefit)